At North Plains Electric, reliable electric service is our main goal. We are always looking for new ways to improve system reliability.
What to do if the electricity goes off:
Check breakers or fuses. If they were not the problem, let us know that the power is off.
When reporting an outage:
1. Give us the affected meter number (found on your bill or the face of the meter)
2. Your name and a phone number where we can reach you.
3. Any other information that you feel will help us eliminate the problem (such as a downed pole).
4. ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM DOWNED POWER LINES!
To report Outages 24 hours a day call:
Or text us!
Follow these instructions to text us your outage:
Set up your account:
- First make sure NPEC has your phone number on file
- Visit npec.org
- On the bottom right of the page under “Quick Links” select “Outage Information”
- Click here to setup an account. Outage Texting
- From there you will enter your email and a password
- On the account verification page, enter your cell phone number and click submit
- You will receive a text with your verification code, enter the verification code in the web page field, and submit
- You will receive a text thanking you for joining outage texting
- You will then be directed to a screen that give you the number to report the outage at, save that number in your contacts for quick access
- For different accounts you can add keywords such as “shop” or “home” and click save
Texting in an outage:
- Create a new text message to the number provided and that you saved when you registered
- Type “outage” “keyword” (without the quotes) For example: Outage home
- Send the message
Click here to view our new Outage Map!